Community Provisions are generally micro-provisions from $25-100, meant to assist with:
– Fuel for Community Fire. Examples: Fire that provides functional and/or aesthetic heat to Participants during SOAK.
– Theme Camp Frontage Decoration. Examples: Signage, lighting, creative camp boundary barriers like flags, fabric to throw over things you probably didn’t make or alter, like a vehicle or a carport.
– Projects that assist the SOAK community, at large, on site. These may or may not be pretty. Examples: Porta Potty Project, which decorates the portos for everyone. Yellow bikes, which provide & fixes bikes for riding, not owning.
– Provisions are not meant to fund Theme Camp swag or things that primarily benefit a particular camp’s members. #hecknopluggyplay
– adheres to the spirit of the Burning Man 10 Principles https://burningman.org/culture/philosophical-center/10-principles/
– exhibits stellar Leave No Trace (LNT) practices.
– must be public and for Community use.
– must request Placement by February 17, 11:59pm. http://soakpdx.com/forms/
Community projects that
– attend more than one Regional Event or
– are involved in other Non-SOAK Community activities
will receive extra consideration.
TAG, the volunteer Peer Review team, can always challenge a guideline, on a case by case basis.
Provisions close 11:59pm, February 23, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Provisions questions? Want to join TAG Peer Review? Community applicants can be on TAG for Art review & artists can participate in Community review. Email Sepia at firstname.lastname@example.org.