Artist and Civic Provisions Request is now closed.
Art is an independent, stand-alone project of aesthetic interest that generally has no space for sleeping. It may be something you look at or interact with that utilizes visual and non-verbal communication. It is generally something you have created, designed, painted, programmed, etc. – not something you bought from a store.
Civic Provisions – New this year!
Civic Provisions are micro-provisions from $25-100, meant to assist with:
- Fuel for Community Fire. Examples: Fire that provides heat to Participants during SOAK.
- Theme Camp Frontage Decoration. Examples: Signage, lighting, creative camp boundary barriers like flags, fabric to throw over things you probably didn’t make or alter, like a vehicle or a car port.
- Projects that assist the SOAK community, at large, on site. These may or may not be pretty. Examples: Yellow bikes, which provide bikes for riding, not owning or a shared grey water tank rental for a neighborhood at SOAK.
- Provisions are not meant to fund Theme Camp swag or things that primarily benefit a particular camp’s members. #hecknopluggyplay
The Civic Provisions form is available at Civic Provisions.
To qualify for provisions (formerly known as grants) your project must meet the following criteria:
- Project has registered for Placement (a location at SOAK that can be mapped for Participants.)
- Project must not be a Theme Camp, be part of a Theme Camp or be created as nearby Theme Camp decor or chill space.
Project is based in Pacific Northwest
- Project adheres to the spirit of the Burning Man 10 Principles.
- Project exhibits stellar Leave No Trace (LNT) practices.
- Project has interactive, artistic merit, skill or an approach that delights, thrills or inspires others.
- Project must be public and, if funded, agree to post signage provided by SOAK.
- Preference given to projects installed at SOAK*2019 during the Early Arrival May 22, 2019 and remain installed until the morning of May 27, 2019.
- Project contact must upload jpeg drawings, sketches, photographs, or stick figures to be considered for funds.
- Project contact must upload budget when asking for over $100.
- Extra Credit: Projects that will attend more than one Regional Event or be included in other Community activities will receive “extra credit” and consideration.
The Artist Provisions Request form is available at Artist Provisions.
Questions on Provisions? Email Sepia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to request placement for your art, apply as an art support camp, or have any other art-related questions? www.soakpdx.com/art