Applications for Subsidized Tickets Now Closed
Subsidized Ticket Program
This program helps to create additional opportunities for participation in the form of 100 half-priced tickets, which will be available based on financial need, and subsidized by a slight increase to to the cost of full-price tickets. You do not need to be an active volunteer, artist, or part of a theme camp to qualify.
Applications ended Friday, March 22, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- 100 tickets are available at half price (plus fees), and will be awarded to applicants with the greatest financial need.
- Applicants must provide proof of income and expenses; applications without documentation will not be considered.*
- Applications are one per person and one per email address; no couple or group applications are allowed. Feel free to reference each other in your applications if you wish.
- If you are eligible for a SOAK*2019 Gift Ticket based on time worked at SOAK*2018, you are not eligible for this program.
- If you are approved for a subsidized ticket and purchase a full-price SOAK*2019 ticket in a later sale, your subsidized ticket will be revoked and refunded, even if the ticket was purchased for someone else or if you let someone else use your credit card.
- You may not submit an application on someone else’s behalf unless the applicant has a disability that prevents them from submitting it themselves.
- You must use your legal name on your application. If you are awarded a ticket you will be required to show legal photo ID in order to collect it at the SOAK Box Office.
- We will not request additional documentation or clarification. Please ensure your application is complete prior to submission.
- Subsidized tickets are held at the Box Office for Will Call pickup, no exceptions.
- Subsidized tickets are non-transferable.
How are applications processed?
Applications and accompanying financial paperwork are received and reviewed by Precipitation Northwest, SOAK’s sponsoring organization. Tickets will be awarded to applicants with the greatest financial need. SOAK receives only the names of applicants to whom tickets are awarded; event staff do not have access to financial information or the names of applicants who were not approved for a ticket.
When are subsidized tickets awarded?
All applicants will receive an email by 5pm on Saturday, March 23rd indicating whether or not they will be offered a ticket through this program.
Tickets will be held at Will Call and must be paid for online in advance. An email will be sent to each recipient with a URL and discount applied. Recipients must bring a valid ID with them to will call for pickup. They will not be mailed. Subsidized tickets cannot be transferred to other people or deferred to future years. If you have purchased a subsidized ticket and find yourself unable to use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions about this program, email the SOAK*2019 Event Liaison Ariel at email@example.com.
*Everybody has some kind of financial documentation. Maybe you don’t receive a regular paycheck, but you still have some kind of bank statement or record of your regular expenses. If you think you don’t have the requested financial documentation for your application, you still need to send us something that helps demonstrate your current financial situation. This could include, but is not limited to:
- bank statements,
- your most recent tax return
- current tuition statements
- a note from the people down the street you do work for outlining how much they pay you
- a letter from the person you’re doing that unpaid internship with
- student loan information, or a Pell grant certification, etc.
- current case information (case # and letter of qualification) for federal or state subsidies such as SNAP/Housing/WIC
- Social Security or Disability statement